Month 6 (March 16, 2010)
6 months ago today....
My husband and I, hit our knees and Thanked God! ♥
My husband and I, praised Him for the Blessings that He provides us EVERYDAY!
I gave the Lord his life and my ♥ heart as a Mother.
I fell in Love ♥ for the second time in my 28 years.
I discovered peace.
I began a new stage in my life.
I gave in to chaos.
I brought life into this world.
I became a Mother.
I gave my whole heart to those big brown eyes, round cheeks, stinky toes and fluffy lips.
I learned what taking a poop in a diaper REALLY meant.
A toothless grin took my breath away ♥.
I became the one who has to feed, diaper, and burp.
I took up a new hobby, Mommy hood.
I embraced the face of FAITH.
I was sliced and diced to form a family.
I learned a new kind of appreciation for my Mother.
I was Blessed with a new kind Love; unselfish, pure and unconditional.
I started to love the smell of powdered milk around the neck and dirty baby clothes.
I gave EVERYTHING up to God and know that life will be great from now on.
I further learned that this life is no longer about ME!
My biggest concern became Huggies or Pampers.
My budget no longer involved going to NY & Company or getting my hair and nails done.
“Me” time became non-existential and I no longer cared!
Life began to make so much sense.
And Life became so much sweeter!
I fulfilled a Godly purpose in my life.
I achieved one of my biggest goals.
I endured one of my biggest challenges.
I THANKED God for allowing me to experience such an awesome journey!
• He had his fist fall! Please refer to the previous post :
• With the fall his FIRST visit to the ER.
• He took his first big boy bath!! In the tub with many toys!
• He was sick for the first time…not the best time for anyone. It’s so hard to see your happy baby be grumpy and sad all the time.
• He met his Great Grandpa Pascual from Reynosa and his Aunties!
• He visited his Great Grandpa’s tomb, Don Victor Ramirez (May he rest in Peace) .
• He attended his first lunch date at the Kemah Boardwalk.
• He went on his second road trip to a wedding in Dallas!
• He met Tia Raquel from Atlanta, Georgia.
• He stayed OVER night at his Granny’s house while Mommy and Daddy had a night out…
• Had his first play date with his Tia Yaya! :D
• That he has mommy wrapped around his finger.
• That falls are scary….
• That he loves to see the water fall from the faucet.
• That he can undo his own diaper…YES!
• Time management
• Leaving Santi to do Volunteer work
• Going to church with a 6 month old without there being chaos.
• Leaving Santi to go to work every day.
• Teething still not sure if it’s painful or bothersome….but he still gets some Orajel and or his teether just in case.
• Being sick, fever and cough.
• Going to the hospital.
Height: (Until our next Dr’s visit)
Weight: 19 lbs— (Until our next Dr’s visit)
Next doctor’s visit: on March 25th for his 6 month check up.
What to look forward to:
• At this point just about everything and anything!
• We do have a Photo Shoot soon after Santiago turns 6 months so I can’t wait to compare photos from when he was 6 weeks to now at 6 months.
• Crawfish season and his “Crawfish” outfit.
• Maybe some crawling.
• Maybe some sitting completely unassisted.